Simon has added vocals now, so we have all the source material for the legacy version, and at least one other mix. I think He & I are both likely to add a bit more before we’re done.
Pete got back in to the country and sent over some bass lines. The track is sounding pretty good now.
(SoundCloud seems to have added some crackles to the recording, this might be a problem with uploading as ADPCM Wav files)
After hearing Simon’s new parts for Dark Moon I decided I could be getting on with some extra tracks too and put down the tremolo and wahwah guitar tracks, fully expecting to edit most of it out again. Still no Pete though.
We’re all working at different speeds. I’ve done the guitars parts for the ‘legacy version’, Simon has gone a bit further and added some extra guitar at the end, Pete has only just got back from New Zealand and not started yet.
This is the original MIDI file of Dark Moon from about 13 years ago, just after the song was written. It’s rendered using the default sounds that Logic 9 gave it when I opened the file.
I’ve called this in progress #2 even though it’s the first version of Dark Moon that has been put on the blog. The synth sounds playing both guitar parts and bass are from a MIDI file I made very soon after we’d written the song but the drums have had more fills and so on put in than the old file had. I’ll hopefully put that version up as #1 once I find it again.